Discover our fastest Sanger sequencing service
The LightRun tube offers light-speed sequencing of purified plasmids or PCR fragments in 1.5 mL tubes - at a light price.
Highlights of the LightRun Tube:
- Premixed DNA and primer from you
- Up to 1,100 nt in Phred20 quality
- No online sample assignment necessary
- Free shipment via GATC Collection Points
- Results next business day (mo - fri) upon sample receipt
Order your LIGHTRUN barcodes today!
Use our validated SeqPrimer or SeqPrimer NightXpress to ensure perfect sequencing results
Make use from our pre-defined Standard Primers and Standard Primer NightXpress
Product details of the LightRun Tube
Purified plasmid DNA or purified PCR fragments with primer premixed in tubes
- chromatogram (.ab1, ABI file)
- text file (.seq, SEQ file)
- fasta format (.fas, FAS file)
Data are stored and available online for 6 months.
Next business day (mo - fri) upon sample receipt
Sequencing reactions cannot be repeated and all reactions will be charged for. Your DNA material cannot be stored.
Sending your samples the right way
Take 5 µl template DNA with either of following concentration:
- Purified plasmid DNA:
80 - 100 ng/µl
- Purified PCR products:
150-300 bp: 2 ng/µl
300-1000 bp: 12 ng/µl
>1000 bp: 25 ng/µl
Add 5 µl of primer with a concentration of 5 µM (5 pmol/µl)
Please send total sample amount of 10 µl in 1,5 ml tubes
To ensure the best possible quality of sequence data, the total volume of the sample should not be less than 10 µl.
We recommend measuring the DNA concentration on an agarose gel.
- The melting temperature (TM ) of the primer should be between 52° and 58°C and the length should be between 17 – 19bp. Ideally, the GC content of an 17mer should be 10 G+C; for an 18mer 8 – 9 G+C and for a 19mer 7 – 9 G+C.
- G or C should be at the 3’ end, but not more than 3 Gs or Cs.
- The primer sequence should be a good mix of all 4 nucleotides with no more than 4 identical bases in a row (AAAA or GGGG)