++Check below for updates in our service++
Easy outsourcing of mycoplasma testing in any cell line
Mycoplasmacheck is a qPCR-based service for detection of mycoplasma in cell cultures.
As contamination of mycoplasma alters cell-line properties, their unnoticed presence often leads to non-reproducible results. Regular testing with Mycoplasmacheck serves as a rapid, accurate and objective means of checking cells for mycoplasma contamination, ensuring cell lines are kept reliably clean.
Highlights of the Mycoplasmacheck
- Standardised qPCR test for mycoplasma performed under ISO17025 accreditation
- Data provided online within 48 hours after sample receipt
- Test history report for select periods of time can be compiled online at any time
Request your Mycoplasmacheck test for free now!
NEWS ++ NEWS ++ NEWS
We have updated our Mycoplasmacheck Test. Below you find all changes:
Mycoplasmacheck (MPC) Barcodes
- The format of the MPC Barcodes have changed. They are now 8-digits. Example: MP00000301
- All "old MPC Barcodes" are still valid and can be used unrestricted
- The Barcodes can now be found in the "Barcode Management Genotyping" list
Please note: the new Barcodes are already activated. If you still have "older barcodes" (not starting with MP) please activate these prior ordering here
- When your samples arrive in our lab an Email will be sent to you and an order will be visible under my orders
- When samples are finished you will receive a "Partially complete" or a "Complete" Email
- Partially complete = not all samples are finished
- Complete = all samples are finished
Details of our Mycoplasmacheck
Full-service package offered by Mycoplasmacheck:
- Detection of all mycoplasma species listed in the European Pharmacopoeia 2.6.7: M. arginini, M. fermentans, M. orale, M. hyorhinis, M. hominis, M. genitalium, M. salivarium, M. synoviae, M. pirum, M. gallisepticum, M. pneumoniae, M. yeatsii, Spiroplasma citri and Acholeplasma laidlawii
- Identification of more than 100 additional mollicutes
- Highly sensitive assay capable of detecting 1 international unit (IU) per PCR of the World Health Organization’s (WHO) international standard for mycoplasma DNA (Please see application note)
- Highly specific test that identifies ten copies of mycoplasma per reaction with no cross-reactivity to E. coli or eukaryotic DNA
- Use of positive and negative controls to monitor test performance
- Exclusively licensed from the German Cancer Research Center, (Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, DKFZ), Heidelberg, Germany
- Easy sample drop-off at any Collection Point or ship separately
Technology used for Mycoplasmacheck
Deliverables of Mycoplasmacheck
- Data report indicating mycoplasma status, as well as any PCR inhibitors found in the sample
- The user can compile a PDF document online at any time to view the results from any specific testing period.
- PDF document serving as an independent certificate of results; suitable for direct submission to journals or granting agencies
Reliably detect all common mycoplasma species
Mycoplasma contamination adversely affects 35% of the world’s cell lines.
As signs of mycoplasma are easy to miss, only regular monitoring of cell cultures can ensure that research results are valid and reproducible. With its standardised workflows, we can rapidly and reliably detect all common mycoplasma species.
As a qPCR-based assay, the technique is more accurate and sensitive than traditional microbial culture methods and bioluminescence-based methods for mycoplasma detection (Fig1). Besides severely reducing the hands-on time involved in in-house testing, outsourcing the task of mycoplasma detection offers distinct benefits that cannot be matched by do-it-yourself kits (Fig 2).