Eurofins Genomics’ site directed mutagenesis (SDM) services are available for all kinds of mutations in plasmids. By default we will classify your project as "Standard SDM". After submitting your SDM order or quote our team will check your project and if you submitted an order for a complex or multi SDM project (which leads to higher costs) we will contact you immediately.Settings for our standard SDM are:
Please be aware that the following options are not available for mini and midi prep
- High copy plasmid (up to 7 kb)
- Antibiotics: Ampicillin, Kanamycin, Chloramphenicol, Tetracyclin
- GC content 45 - 75%
- One target site, max. 3 bp mutations or insertions / deletion
- No repetitive elements in the mutation region
- Biosafety level 1
- Endotoxin-free preparation
- Sterile preparation
- Animal-free preparation
- Bioburden test
- LAL test
- Experimental Design: Selection of optimal methods specific for each project and design of mutator oligonucleotides needed for in vitro mutagenesis
- In vitro Mutagenesis: Implementation of optimized methods for introducing single or multiple mutations (base substitutions, deletions, insertions) into cloned gene fragments. For the mutagenesis reaction we use a high-quality DNA polymerase. This reduces the probability of introducing unwanted mutations in the plasmid to a minimum. However, introduction of unwanted mutations cannot entirely be excluded, but it is very unlikely.
- Clone Verification: Double stranded DNA sequencing to ensure 100% accuracy of in vitro mutagenesis. We analyse up to 6 clones via sequencing of the mutation site (2 runs).
- Documentation: Quality Assurance Report including project specifications and all sequencing information
- Please note that there can be no guarantee for molecular biology projects
- Provided that there are no unexpected difficulties (biological or technical), the estimated delivery time for the subcloning is approx. 2-3 working weeks.
It stands to reason that Eurofins Genomics will perform the services outlined above on a “fee for service” basis. This means that Eurofins Genomics has and will claim no rights whatsoever to all or any of the data that will be generated. Eurofins Genomics will take all necessary measures to ensure that none of the data will be disseminated to third parties.